Welcome to a Joyous Day of Singing
For women and men of all ages and abilities.
Physical – body: posture, movement, energy, breath control. vocal: production quality & vocal care.
Mind – Increase memory, musicality and gain confidence.
Diversity – Be prepared to sing on point, ready in varying styles that suite your personality.
Voice Care – Minimise sore and hoarse voice and tight, sore jaw and neck.
Musicality – Vocally blend with harmonies of instruments and vocals.
Yoga Routine – A yoga and meditation sequence to prepare your body, and mind for great singing.
Langley, BC ~ March 10
Early $247, Regular $277
Windsor, UK ~ 12 May
Early £127, Regular £147
Open to 20 Participants
Lunch and refreshments included
A unique singing workshop that focuses on solid foundations of singing.
- Taught by a professional intuitive vocal technician who is an expert in singing production getting phenomenal results for 35+ years.
- Introduction to the anatomy of singing – anatomy of the respiratory system, expanding the thorax and chest
- Correct deep breathing to improve singing, and phrasing
- Advanced breathing techniques strengthen the reparatory system
- Choir breathing patterns
- Proper sitting, standing/balancing (for long periods of standing) and movement for optimal singing
- Release of tension and pain in the jaw, tongue, neck and shoulders
- Best practices to blend in a choir through intuitive ear training
- Solo and Group singing techniques
- Techniques to improve quality of sound, tone, attack and reduce metallic highs
- How to expand your range, keeping the higher and lowers while you age
- Vocal and health care
- Fill in the gaps of your foundational knowledge by working with the mind and physical instrument simultaneously
- Practice techniques specific to you – applicable for soloists, groups, and choirs to become at ease with your performance, whatever level you are.
All ages and abilities are welcome.
You may have sung for years, or just learning or sing only at home. The workshop teaches professional techniques for safe and healthy singing. Take what you need and use the methods and techniques for years. Good singing is always good singing.
You received a certificate of completion
Special Needs – The intensive is open to those with Special Needs – hearing and visually impaired, as well as other challenges. Please contact Cilica before registering to make sure we can meet your needs.
- Registration is open until the maximum participant’s number is registered, or the registering deadline arrives.
- After registering, please pay within 2 hours to validate your participation.
- Refunds may be given up to 14 days before the start date – less administration fee of $20.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before you may have a refund less the administration fee if you find a replacement, or if Cilica finds one. Once your replacement has registered and paid, you will receive a refund less the administration fee (stated above) within two weeks.
No-shows or missing part of the event
- If you do not attend or miss part of the event, you will receive no refund or credit. Event participation is limited, and your space counts towards the minimum to run a successful event.
Cancellation by Cilica
- We reserve the right to cancel a program at any time if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- You receive 100% refund.
Travell and Medical Insurance
- We suggest getting insurance for your protection in the case of having to cancel last minute for unseen circumstances such as travell delays, illness or injury prior.
General Note on Voice Techniques Taught – Voice skills taught are professional techniques with best practices for a healthy voice
- By registering for the event you consent to have your photograph and participation made public. We respect your privacy and will never make public personal, confidential or embarrassing images or information.
- Your images may be made public in a general manner and not to a specific workshop or event.
"She has a strange sense of humour makes you feel you can do anything you want." R, Butt
"An artist, Cilica is an artist when you look at all she can do and teaches." Jody Sphinx
"She can teach anything to anyone without making them feel bad for not knowing." Joan Mitchell
"I have been in a yoga class she was substituting and seen her adjust the posture of 50 people and still have time to teach a full class." Diana Kolonics
"There is an energy around Cilica you can feel when you pay attention." Alex the Russian